Quality of Life
According to the Florida Chamber of Commerce, this region is one of the fastest growing in the state. Quality of life is a big reason why.
Living here is enjoyable, peaceful and safe. The beauty of nature is everywhere and it drives the daily rhythm of Bradford County. There are lakes and rivers for boating, fishing and swimming. There are green trails and forests for hiking, horseback riding and bird-watching. Like the ocean? The beach is easy to reach from Bradford County. And when you’re ready for urban attractions like sporting events, museums, live theater or a great new restaurant, it’s an easy drive to downtown Gainesville or Jacksonville.
The State of Florida has recently awarded Bradford County millions in grants for job growth and infrastructure development.
- Visitors enjoy the historic district in downtown Starke. There is a college near the city center.
- Enjoy indoor and outdoor shooting year-round at Bradford Sportsmen’s Farm.
- Bradford County is host to regional gun shows throughout the year.
- Camp Blanding Museum features World War II weapons. It’s located on the home base of Florida’s National Guard.
- Florida International Rally and Motorsport Park at Keystone Airport is one of the most diverse motorsport facilities in North America.
- The Hammerhead Olympic Triathlon attracts world-class athletes.
- Krawl’n for the Fallen is an off-road Jeep event that raises money for the families of police officers and EMT’s.
- New truck routes and highways are spurring development of hotels, restaurants and shopping.
- Keystone Heights Airport is a general aviation facility with a main runway over 5,000-feet.
- Kingsley Lake is said to be Florida’s oldest. It spans 2,000 acres with a sandy bottom.